Thursday, September 22, 2011

Surgery Part Two

Monday morning Kenny & I went to the Hospital for another surgery. I have to keep telling myself that at least my cancer hasn't metastasized and hasn't spread to my lymph nodes, that is what keeps me going right now. The girl at the check in as well as the nurses all recognized me from two weeks prior and all said "Oh Mrs. Sarmiento, your back again?" with that sorry look on their faces. I understand it and appreciate it, but when your trying to stay strong it's hard when you receive looks like that. I was happy that they were moving faster this time in getting me into the O.R. When I woke up in recovery I heard bells and alarms going off, I right away realized it was about me. I guess my EKG was showing my heart rate wasn't where it should be, yea that was scary. During all this I was asking the nurse for pain medicine, she kept putting me off on receiving them. I started to cry after what seemed like forever, just then Kenny walks in and became my Knight in Shinning Armor. He is my best advocate, he got the nurse to give me pain meds and then fought with her on the issue of medication that was prescribed. This surgery took more out of me then I thought it would. Although the surgeon cut into the same incision, she only used 1" of the original 5" area. I do feel more pain only because the first time hadn't healed 100% yet. I know over the next week each day will get better and in two weeks I will feel at 80%. I stopped taking my pain medication yesterday (day 2 post surgery), I don't like being on those meds, plus I have a family to focus on.

I will have my Post Op appointment to go over my pathology report from this last surgery next week. We pray the results are "Clear Margins"!!!

1 comment:

  1. yeah for getting of the meds fast. when I had my arm surgery, they made me feel so cruddy, it wasn't worth it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete