Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Clear Margins


As I was checking in to see the Surgeon I was so hopeful she would say "We got it all". That wasn't what she said, but she was very happy. You know when you hear news that takes the wind out of you, you just have a hard time absorbing what is said. I couldn't understand why she was so happy about the results, she has to go back in since she didn't get "Clear Margins". Why is she so happy about this? Once I had time to do some reading, investigating and understanding here is where I am at. My Pathology Report reads T2, N0, MX which means: Stage 2 Cancer, Cancer isn't present in Lymph Nodes & the Cancer hasn't Metastasized. The tissue taken out didn't have "Clear Margins" meaning there is still some cancer in the outlining area, we need it clear on the outer edges to deem "We Got It All". So Monday Sept 19th I will undergo another surgery to clean up the remaining cancer that is left. Once that is done I will then have appointments made with Oncology and Radiology to determine my treatment plan. Treatments may not start for at least 2-3 weeks. My tumor was 2.3 cm which is twice the size they thought it would be. That was a bit of a shock but do remember, the Stage is based on the size of the tumor. Since the Cancer hasn't spread and hasn't metastasized, being Stage 2 is just a size number at this point.

So although I have to undergo surgery again so soon, It's great news!!!! Keep the prayers coming everyone, they are working. There is power in Prayer and in Numbers. Our family has felt all the prayers and love that has come our way.

Thank You So Very Much!

No comments:

Post a Comment