Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 21, 2011 Sunday's....I Love Sunday's

One of the most faith building moments we as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints do is to fast and pray once a month and in other times of trials. We dedicate our fast to someone who is in need or when we ourselves are in need of answers. Our family is fasting this Sunday and we invite anyone who would like to join us to do the same. I am not one who asks for help and when help is offered I have a hard time accepting it. I am always wanting to be on the giving end of help, not the receiving end. I will need to learn at this time in my life to ask for prayers, to ask for help and to ask for support.

I have received so much support already and I am so grateful for all the text messages, emails, facebook messages and friends who give me hugs and words of encouragement. I am especially grateful for my family who has been so amazing and to my brother who is a Dr and has given me advise, my friends who are nurses and the advise they give me.

I know that through prayer my family and I will be able to gain a stronger testimony of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Gospel here on earth. I know that my family is forever and I am so very grateful for that. I know I have so much left to do here on earth. I know I have a fight ahead of me and I also know I caught this early and I am very lucky. I have had so many say "But if its not at Stage 1 then how is it cancer"? Well, it is Cancer and I caught it early enough that we can beat this. First Surgery, then......Radiology here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment