Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 16, 2011 The Results

While visiting with friends the nurse calls, I was so hopeful that she would say "your results are negative". This would not be she said "your results show that you have abnormal cells and you need to see a Surgeon this Friday at 1pm....Mrs. Sarmiento are you ok?" I then felt as though I had been socked in the stomach and I couldn't catch my breath. I then said "I don't understand, what does this mean?" She couldn't tell me more than that and offered for me to take a few moments and she would call me back with the appointment information. I truly thought again, this isn't happening. Luckily I was with a friend who had been through this before and she sat with me, held my hand and told me that everything was going to be ok. She explained her experience and assured me I would be just fine. Now the wait and guessing game begins until Friday. The prayers continue and reality is starting to sink in.

1 comment:

  1. I hate doctors that don't explain things to you. Makes me feel more like they are a vet, and you are a sick cow they can prob and inject and schedule surgeries for without asking your permission first. It would have been nice for her to elaborate a little bit about what your appointment would be about...

    ReplyDelete