Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 19, 2011 The Pathology Report

So the Pathology Report reads:
-Invasive Lobular Carcinoma Nuclear Grade 2
-Lobular Carcinoma in SITU
-Vascular Invasion Not Identified ********this is good news this means it's not in my blood stream
-Hormonal Receptor Status To Follow

What this means, I think, is I have two types of cancer on my milk ducts. I have one that is non invasive and one that has penetrated through the milk duct. That is the one we are worried about, you see this could travel to the lymph nodes and that isn't good. So while in surgery they will inject me with a dye and see if it goes to the lymph nodes, if so they will remove those effected and the treatment would then be Chemotherapy...lets hope all goes well and I only have to have radiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment