Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Week In Review.......

Dillon passed all his math tests early this year and was able to attend an Ice Cream Party to celebrate!!!  This 3rd Grader is now working on division!!!  WOW

Makayla came home so very excited to be one of a few soloists performing in her Jr High School Dance Show Recital.  Yeah!!!!!

JT was accepted into BYU-Idaho and will be on the Spring/Fall Track.  He will be going with some friends, lets just hope he doesn't have too much fun.  We are very proud of him but wondering how much dirty laundry he will be bringing home at Christmas??? ha ha

Cassandra was interviewed for weekly show on BYU TV.  That was so fun to see "Foot Poetry"  highlighted for their voluntary efforts in performing at events such as fundraisers.  Gotta love tap dancers!!

Janessa got a new job and was selected to be the Project Director for a BYU Non Profit group that travels to Haiti and helps with what ever sustaining is needed.  She will be there all summer.

Austin (son in law) will be attending lots of training for his military position this summer in and out of the country.  Not easy to do but not surprised he was selected!!  Hoo-Ra!

While having my pre-op in LA I had lots of messages on my iPhone that "Breaking News" was going on just a block away.  There were Firefighters, Cops, News Crews and Helicopters all around.  Well, just another day in Los Angeles.

I was tricked into attending an event and then surprised as I was given an award from Newhall Elementary PTA for volunteering.   I was shocked and humbled, my good friend of 18 years tricked me and brought me to this event, then stood up and spoke such wonderful words of how she thought of me (all good) and yes we shed a few tears.  They even got 3 of my kids and Kenny there.  I volunteer in PTA because of the kids, the schools, teachers and so many great programs, grants and scholarships that PTA offers to our schools nationwide.  I cannot express my gratitude enough for the recognition of  volunteering in the community, it's something I have loved doing.

Dillon's 2nd Grade teacher texted me at about 6:45am to tell me she had her baby boy just 12 hours before!  Oh my gosh is Kyle so very cute!   I was so excited to see this beautiful new little baby that was so sweet in his moms arms.  I can't wait to see and hold him again!!

I had the opportunity to meet with three wonderful women who have something in common with me, I guess you can figure out what that is (wink wink).  We found it alarming how many have recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  The statistics read that 1 in 8 women are diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I wonder if those numbers will change soon to read 1 in 6?  These women are so wonderful and fun to talk to.  All of us have had Chemo and these women have had either a Single or Bi-Lateral Mastectomy as well.  I was so excited to see that these women have hair!!  They are walking around with surgeries and treatments done and just recovery ahead.  The funny thing about hair growing back in after Chemo, the last thing on your mind is to have it cut, trimmed or colored...Your Just Happy To Have Your Hair Again!  I am so happy to say my hair is growing in, slowly at this point but it's growing in.  I am not sure what color it is yet, but I am hoping its not one I would have to color.  I have never in my life had to color my hair, I loved my hair color and wishes it comes back the same.  No matter the color or texture I just pray daily my hair grows in fast.

No matter what is on my plate....life keeps going.



1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your recovery, slowly though it may come. If you ever get impatient, I send my love in one of my favorite hymns— Lead Kindly Light

    "I do not ask to see the distant scene, one step enough for me."

    Your hair comments reminded me of something I read recently... keep in mind that it was written in the 1950's, but if it doesn't help, it certainly can't hurt, right? It's from a book called "The Word of Wisdom, A Modern Interpretation" by John A. Widstoe:

    "Para-amino-benzoic also plays a part in keeping skin and hair healthy and natural in color and is found mostly in liver and yeast."

    "Inositol...with traces of panthenic acid it acts to nourish the hair follicles and actually prevents baldness in test animals. It will even cause new hair to appear if baldness has taken p lace. .. It is found in whole grains, yeast, liver, heart muscle, Kidney..."

    So eat your cow liver! Just in case!

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete