Thursday, February 2, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade......

Now that the chemicals are out of my system I can now have all those foods that I was unable to have during my therapy.  All carbonated drinks, berries, citric acid, spicy foods, shell fish and raw vegetables are suggested not to have for a Chemo Patient.  There are side effects that the chemicals from chemotherapy can cause, which of course I was having.   I know of some chemo patients that had these foods and were just fine, but of course Marri "Murphy's Law" was not able to.   I will say since I was unable to eat some of my favorite foods for three months, this has made those foods taste so much better now!!  Yesterday I was given the OK to eat all foods again, so I went shopping at the Produce store and bought myself some strawberries & tomatoes!!  I am not a big soda fan so I haven't missed that but I have missed having a strawberry lemonade....can't wait to have that again.   I will be so excited to have some great Mexican food!!

Now if my hair would just grow in...FAST.   I really want to go to Disneyland, but with either a scarf or wig on it will fly right off on a ride. Can you imagine some kid on Space Mountain enjoying his ride in the dark and BAM a hairy wig flies right into his face! Yea that would happen to me, so for now I will wait...ha ha



My energy is getting back to normal now.   I am so excited I can do things and not feel so exhausted after, that was so hard for me.  Over a few weeks the energy level really went to nothing and over time I didn't  notice how much.  Yesterday and today my energy level is amazingly working it's way back to what it used to be.  Although I have a few more surgeries to go I can now see the light at the end of this tunnel.  

Enjoy your food of choice today everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all your successful treatments Marri!! I say go to Disneyland WITHOUT THE WIG... seriously, who cares! Wear your short hair (or no hair) with Survivor's pride. You will miss this carefree stage when all your hair is back and you have to fuss over it again. I want to buzz mine again! Congrats Marri on your survival!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete