Monday, October 24, 2011

Plan of Action

We found an Oncologist we really like, so now we are moving forward!!  After Dr. Kwan told us that I have 3 cancers, not just 2, we were taken back a bit.  So my official diagnosis is:
  *Breast Cancer Stage 2 
  *Lobular Carcinoma in SITU
  *Infiltrating Lobular Carcinoma Pleomorphic Grade 2
  *Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma Grade 1 & .05

So now that we went through my pathology report line by line, then looked at the results of my Genetic Testing and CT-Scan we came up with a plan of action.  The best treatment for my situation based on my age and types of cancer is 4 Rounds of Chemo, followed by 7 weeks of Radiation, followed by 5 years of daily doses of Tamoxifen.  Radiation will give me a 70% survival rate, adding Tamoxifen for 5 years increases that to 85%, then undergoing chemotherapy will increase my survival rate to 92%.  

I feel the limbo stage is now a bit more clear, I have a plan and although it will be a rough one....it could be much worse.  Now its time for me to educate myself on life during treatment and get on Skype with all my friends.  Once treatments start I will have weeks I am not able to associate with big crowds and have people come over.  Sundays and all church activities are what I will miss the most during this time.  


1 comment:

  1. No visits? that stinks... I'd go out of my mind. video chat away my girl.

    ReplyDelete