Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's All In The Attitude

When a tragic event or serious situation in your life happens you realize that what you need is a positive attitude.  In order to accomplish this you need to surround yourself with positive people, unfortunately that means friends  who usually are negative, but you put up with them, become those who you would rather not be around.  Now these are not bad people, they just suffer from what I like to call the "Eeyore Syndrome".

Usually you can handle the "Pity Me" or "I'm Angry At The World" personalities by letting it all roll off your shoulders.  What really is funny are those cantankerous persons who use up all their energy to blatantly create havoc.  Now those personalities can be so difficult to be around.  I would suggest steering clear of those personalities when going through a very difficult time in your life.  We all need to be tolerant and love one another, but everyone does have their limits.

A great part of recovery from anything in life is putting yourself in a great place.  I try reading my scriptures, having daily prayer with my family and a separate one with my husband, keeping a journal, making good choices and being a good friend and neighbor.  I find that when I do this, regardless of what happens around me, as long as I keep my focus on my goal of happiness I am in a good place in life.

What makes me the most happiest is when I attend any of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Temples.  The peace I feel in our Temples is one that you can't find anywhere else on earth.  Everyone is soft spoken, smiling, always eager to be friendly and helpful.  Even when our family attends the Temple Visitors Centers we find a peace that is so amazing.

Time with my family....when they aren't fighting....ha ha.  I love spending time with my family wether it's watching a movie, TV show, playing a game, telling jokes, taking road trips, vacations, stuck in traffic, times of sorrow or joy.  No matter the situation I love being with my family.

I love going to Disneyland, Disney World...pretty much anything Disney makes me happy.  Why do you think Disney makes people happy?  I think it's the unknown magic that all things Disney brings to each life.  No matter the weather, the crowds or time of year.... Disney makes me happy!

Laughing, its such a great medicine.  I love to laugh with friends and family.  I think the sillier you seem to get you tend to laugh at nothing at all.  No matter what once you laugh, your in a good mood.

Make sure to find your happiness in life and spread positive attitudes, those who have negative attitudes seem to end up bitter and alone in life.  Appreciate what you have, don't long for something you don't have.  Life is too short to not appreciate everything and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment