Thursday, March 20, 2014

Its Time For Spring Cleaning.......

Happy Spring Ladies, now don't forget to clean out closets, move furniture to clean behind and get all those dust bunnies and clean out the garage.  While your at it don't forget to detail your car, its needed it for a while.  Then make sure to turn all the mattresses over and donate all the items you don't need to a worthy cause.

Now that you have done all that take a look in the mirror.  Now it's time for you!  Call and make that appointment for your annual, or for some your first, Mammogram.  While you at it call to schedule a Physical as well.

One day while I was performing a self breast examination I found a lump.  Now this was about 2 months before our first daughter was to be married, so I resolved myself to "its nothing and if it is I will deal with it after the wedding".  Then came the end of the school year, the beginning of summer and finally I had my 2nd annual mammogram appointment to attend.  While I was there I told the Technician that I felt a lump but its was up high on my chest wall.  She right away said "the mammogram wont detect that area so I am going to send a referral off to radiology for you to have an ultrasound mammogram for that area".   When I attended my 'ultrasound mammo' I was told my Mammogram looked great and they really couldn't find anything.  I had to show them where and after a few minutes BINGO, they found what I had felt.  Fast forwarding I had 3 different types of Cancer, one of which was very a aggressive cancer.

After much prayer and discussion my husband and I told the breast surgeon that I wanted a 'Bilateral Mastectomy'.  My breast surgeon told me after they performed the biopsy "it was only a matter of time before it spread, You Literally Saved Your Life".  Now this was after 2 lumpectomies and 4 rounds of Chemotherapy.  I know that listening to my still small voice & being proactive is what saved my life.

Just 3 weeks ago I ran into an old friend, totally out of the blue.  When I asked how she was she said, "I was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer".  She seemed to still be in shock and didn't know how she and her husband were going to tell their children.  My husband and I pray for her and her family daily.  Over the last 2 years I have meet many wonderful and inspiring women who have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  All of us have our own unique story and all of us have something in common.....we are Survivors.

I encourage you....No I Challenge you to get your Mammogram.  Challenge your moms, sisters, daughters & girlfriends to get their Mammograms too!!!  Its a simple test that take about 15 minutes out of your daily life....to save your life!

Love You..... Marri



1 comment:

  1. The AQLChemical Products and its staff of quiet professionals is committed to delivering the most realistic, fundamentally sound training experience possible. Revlimid – Lenalidomide is used to treat anemia (low red blood cells) in patients with a certain type of myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Patients with MDS may have very low red blood cell counts and require blood transfusions.

    How Much Does Medicare pay for Revlimid
    REVLIMID for sale

    Avastin or bevacizumab
    HERCEPTIN – TRASTUZUMAB FOR SALE

    IBRANCE FOR SALE
    keytruda cost

    what is neulasta used for
    OPDIVO FOR SALE

    WHAT IS RITUXAN (RITUXIMAB)
    ZYTIGA FOR SALE

    Feel Free to Contact for more information. Thanks

    ReplyDelete